Show HN: Scant helps you find barely used Python dependencies https://ift.tt/RWOxbvu
Show HN: Scant helps you find barely used Python dependencies I made scant to find barely used Python dependencies in any repo. There are many dependency finder tools today that help you find unused dependencies (e.g. deptry). Scant, however, helps find the dependencies that are used in a single file on one line of code. Why have an entire library imported into your project when it is 'scantily' used? Some use cases:
- you need to upgrade python versions for a large repo and you're stuck on an unmaintained old dependency from 2018
- you'd like to minimize the supply-chain attack surface area of your repo
- you're looking for a ways to reduce dependency hell I asked Claude to write it in Rust. It's available on pypi and I've field-tested it against 11 open source python repos: https://ift.tt/ztmyXis https://ift.tt/sI2W4qo August 24, 2026 at 11:31PM
0 टिप्पणियाँ:
एक टिप्पणी भेजें